Just a coincidental note to this whole jazz issue.  Here's a quote from "The
Beatles" authorized biography by Hunter Davies:

(John Lennon) "We were always anti-jazz.  I think it is shit music, even more
stupid than rock and roll, followed by people like students in cheap
pullovers.  Jazz never gets anywhere, never does anything, it's always the
same and all they do is drink pints of beer. We hated jazz particularly
because in the early days they wouldn't let us play at clubs, as they only
wanted jazz. We'd never get auditions because of the jazz bands."

Not that I agree with what he's saying, but it's an interesting point of view.
 And can'tcha just see John, all cocky Liverpudlian attitude and all, saying
that?

Miss Misa

"M. Bolton A9750224" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Someone wrote:

        >this list who really do love Jazz and that's great and grand... I
can dig >that,
        >but then there is the people that try to make everyone else
"Understand"  >Jazz
        >too by talking about it like it's the saviour... and if you don't
like it they
        >call you racist or just dumb... well I say fuck you and your Jazz
man go >dance

Julian, tape him that Chico Hamilton-For Mods Only. Not before you've taped
it for me though! I think that might change his mind.
      Matt