> Jimmy Smith - Organ
> Wes Montgomery - Guitar
> Sonny Rollins - Tenor Sax
> John Coltrane - Tenor, Alto, Soprano Saxes
> Miles Davis - Trumet
> Joe Pass - Guitar
> John Abercrombie - Guitar
> J.J. Johnson - Trombone
> Art Blakey - Drums
> Kenny Burrell - Guitar
> Thelonius Monk - Piano
> Hank Marr - Organ
> Rufus Reid - Bass
> Pat Metheny - Guitar
> John Scofield - Guitar
> Donald Byrd - Tenor Sax
> Louis Armstrong -Trumpet
> McCoy Tyner - Piano
> Charles Mingus - Bass
> Steve Turre - Trombone, Conch Shell
> Russel Malone - Guitar
> Pharoah Sanders - Tenor, Alto, Soprano Saxes

> And of course I could go on forever, but these are
> the few that stand out in  my mind as true greats.

excellent list, but what about...
duke ellington
eric dolphy (for flute work on *euro impressons* alone, the first peice of
music ever to bring tears to my eyes!)
chet baker
gerry mulligan
jim hall
coleman hawkins
paul desmond
clifford brown
bill evans
stan getz
max roach
milt jackson
stanley turentine
(i'm sure i've left out a few)
?

i haven't been following the list lately, so i've sadly missed all the
jazz-talk. let me guess, it's become a big fight? uhhhh... i'm no expert, but
i love it, have a decent vinyl collection and grew up with it in the house my
whole life (dad = jazz fanatic. ugh, the people he saw live would kill ya).

i especially dig jazz vocalists...

lee sound views
---
"make strong old dreams