I have written this review of the Spanish flea, Eneida's latest comp to go
in December's issue of Shindig! I'll be posting more about it soon, but for
now, here's a taster, which I'm sure will lead you to contacting Eneida.

VARIOUS ARTISTS
A Fever! Comp (CD- Bip Bip)

Enedia, who runs the Spangleesh newsletter and web-site Fever, has always
given support to the bands that surround the 60s/Mod scene. On this 17 track
collection the wide array of styles that encompass the loosely termed
 "scene" are in evidence. Opening with San Fransisco's number 1Jazz Cats The
Nick Rossi Set (incredible) and ending with the Belgian Soundtrack inspired
Supersonic (pretty good), the songs in between cover practically every genre
that has inspired the 'now' generation. The Pills from Boston, USA, display
a strong gift at playing bouncy 90s Power-Pop with a psych-hint, a bit like
Supergrass, whilst the young Spanish combo The Elephant Band wave the
Marriot flag proudly. Gee, that kid can sing! Unlike the staid 80s Mod comps
on Eddie Pillar's Countdown series, where post Jam bands did little to
rekindle Weller's flame, the performances featured here, luckily, through
hindsight have thrown a lot more into the pot! There's a lot of influences
from "the now", the Weller/Ocean Colour Scene and funky drum beat
generation, to the more 60s psych and pop orientated stylings. Little of
this is really Mod, but the variation and
quality of nearly all of the cuts are most promising. I hope Eneida
continues her search for new talent!

Jon 'Mojo' Mills (11.11.99)