In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Lucky Strike
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>> Soft Cell - "Run Away"
>
>Ah... are you thinking of The Bronski Beat doing "Small Town Boy"... I've never
>heard of Soft Cell doing a song called Run Away... though I have heard them do
>Tainted Love and Where Did Our Love Go...

Yeah but Tainted Love goes "now I know I've got to run away.....".
Still, I can remember them being more than one hit wonders,
unfortunately.

What about Weller's friends Tracie or Big Sound Authority?  One hit
wonders if ever there was one.  These days it's usually dance acts that
don't last more than one hit, Bizarre Inc, D-Ream all the way up to
today.  I reckon Phats And Small will be next on the list.  There were
shed loads in the 60's going all the way back to what's her face from
Liverpool who had, I think, the first ever number one with 'How Much Is
That Doggy In The Window?".
--
Mark McNulty