In a message dated 11/18/99 10:56:45 AM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<< The Sears catalogue *is* no longer. An American (sorry, "United States-an")
 institution for much of this century (or was it more than a century? I
 can't remember), they stopped printing them within the past couple years.
 Interestingly enough, I've seen older Sears catalogues from--you guessed
 it--the 'sixties, and couldn't help but admire that sharp, ivy league
 button-down style. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that *somebody*
 on this list has a collection of them. >>

I have a lovely copy of a '66 Sears catalogue and its full of amazing
clothes. I often find great vintage dresses with a Sears label in them as
well. For those of you in Britain -one might compare a Sears to a Marks &
Spencers.

Jessika