The Encounter Bar unfortunately does not have a caberet license from
what I was told by the bartenders.  The fact that people didn't care and
elected to dance on the carpet I thought was pretty hip. I just can't think
of another venue in L.A. where one can here Jacques Dutronc(8 songs),
Jacqueline Taieb, Les Problems, Antoine, Michel Polnereff and countless
others. The occassional lame modern stuff was my main complaint as well(as
well as that most were from CD's), but they were few and far between.
        I must've been too out of it to hear the gaps inbetween the songs.
     As for the trendy dressers, what else can you expect from an expensive
bar at LAX?
Hopefully, more groovy people will show up next time to dig the soundz and of
course the hip as heck bar.
                          Tony (who would dance barefoot on broken glass to
Jaques Dutronc if need be...no power needed) :o)