In a message dated 11/27/99 4:50:45 PM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<<
 Does anyone own or know anything about UK Producer Mark Wirtz. He was
 brilliant! His solo stuff I cannot find at all. Anyone?
 Very many thanks!
 Laura

He did a lot of work with Tomorrow as well as Keith West's solo material.  He
helped try to shape the ill fated "Teenage Opera" in 1967, the song "Excert
>From A Teenage Opera(Grocer Jack)" became a huge hit in the UK for Keith West
althought the follow up "Sam" didn't live up to success of it's predecesor
and the project was scrapped.  The b-sides on both of these singles feature
Mark Wirtz material including "Thimble Full Of Puzzles" which was the b-side
of "Sam".  Mark Wirtz put out several lps and singles in the 60s and sounder
the name of Mood Mosaic recording the classic "A Touch Of Velvet - A Sting Of
Brass".  The RPM label has two compilations out of the Mark Wirtz Orchestra
including the really cool "The Go Go Music Of Mark Wirtz", although it
doesn't have He's Our Dear Old Weatherman, as well as a new release which the
title escapes me at the moment.  I hope this answered some questions about
Mark Wirtz.

Sean