>Miss Misa

wrote:

>ps-save the britpop slags, k?

Why, are they in danger? Is this another appeal?

SAVE THE BRITPOP SLAGS.

The Britpop Slag, once thriving in colonies across the North American
continent has seen a sharp decline in numbers over the last few years.
Researchers on both sides of the Atlantic are said to be extremely worried
about the future of these cheeky denizens of the night, noted for their fine
plumage and uniform black bobs.

"The numbers started to trail off rapidly soon after Blur stopped being
cockneys" commented one expert, a Dr. Sargeant of Los Angeles. "With the
death of britpop in 1992, it was inevitable that a "knock-on" effect would
be experienced by North American fans of Dick Van Dyke type music. The five
year delay on American understanding of British culture means that only now
are we really seeing the very real possibility of the complete eradication
of the Britpop slag."

"It's a sad day when any old tosser from the British Isles can't affect a
Steptoe accent and be sure to pull an impressionable young lady." offered
professional ex-pat Charlie Wanker (real name Charles Wankington-Forthright
the 3rd.), who has based his entire life around the B.S. "It's getting so
bad I'm considering Canada for fuck's sake."

A Britpop slag reached for the story could only comment that Pulp just
aren't as good anymore.

Sorry it's real slow at work today

James