There's been a lot of negativity around here lately. But I'd like to add a
heartwarming tone, if I may, and say a word about the kindness and
generosity of spirit that is the true character of the list.

I must apologise for breaking the "no charity appeals" rule, but this is
rather urgent.

Since drawing the attention of the list to the plight of the North American
Britpop Slag, I have received literally several messages of support and
pledges of financial aid from concerned listees. It is with great pleasure
then that I announce the founding of the world's very first Slag Sanctuary.

Situated in the picturesque Antelope Valley, the home will serve the needs
of the dwindling Britpop Slags of North America. Those B.S's who are
entering the long dark twilight of their middle twenties will be able to
live out their remaining days with peace and a modicum of dignity. Visiting
entertainers like Tommy Steele and someone who used to be in Love and
Rockets will keep the old memories of Anglomania alive. A constant loop of
Blur's top moments will offer instant 'natural' medication for the restless
of spirit.

Won't you delve deep into your pockets and show a little holiday cheer for
those less fortunate, those who have given so much of themselves to help
others? I know that East Croydon's "Rest-a-While" retirement home for
knackered mods (and en-suite glue factory) has pressing financial needs but
without the B.S. community, where would we all be today?

A contribution in the five zero range buys a commemorative wing with your
name on it for posterity. Just think of the grateful smiles bestowed on the
generous benefactor. Warms the heart, don't it?

Another slow day then.

James