Folks,

Esosoft, the company that owns mailinglist.net and the server hosting this
mailing list, is partnering with a company called Topica, and is changing
the format of all hosted mailing lists.

Currently, all list owners have been given an option of either moving their
lists over to Topica, or not.  Not means that those list owners would be on
their own to find another host.  I've gotten word that those lists not
moving to Topica by tomorrow will be going away completely.

In the meantime, I've been in touch with two sources who are willing to
host the modslist in its current majordomo format.  However, while I have
been moderating this list over the past few months, I am not the list
owner.  Lisa Gerson is the owner of the modslist and as such, the decision
about what to do about modslist is ultimately up to her.  I have been
sending her emails with no reply over the past few days.

At the end of my workday today, I will acquire a complete list of email
addresses subscribed to modslist and modslist-digest.  Should Lisa allow
modslist to go away, I will be setting up shop on one of the other two
possible servers, and reinstating the same subscription details as are
currently in place.

The upshot is that there may be a brief interruption in modslist mailings
within the next few days.  If so, rest assured it will return, albeit on a
new server.

Brian Poust