In a message dated 12/22/99 10:26:42 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< p.s.  More Club One stories from Mr. Canigiula please, I could use a good
 laugh!

Though I may seem to be somewhat of a hard case, the most notorious member of
Club One Mods, had to be this lists own Gary Player. I mean with a name like
that you know the guy is trouble. Back in the day, he had no respect for the
law, absolutely hated the cops. I remember one time 4 of us were out riding
our scooters, raising hell. You know the usual stuff, riding on the
sidewalks, weaving through traffic, doin' wheelies. Well, at some point the
cops spotted us, and put up a roadblock up ahead to catch us. First, we had
one behind us, lights and siren going. Then up ahead blocking the road was
another squad car, and a motorcycle cop. 3 of us knew we were gonna get
nicked, but not Gary. Gary decides to make a break for it. As we pull over,
Gary hits the throttle and heads straight for the motorcycle cop who is
standing in the middle of the road. I guess the cop though he was playing
"chicken" and stood his ground. Gary, then yells out something, I think it
was, "We are the Mods, we are the Mods, we are the Club One Mods!" (later he
would tell the cop he was yelling out, "I can't stop! I got no brakes!" Yeah
right.) The next thing I know I'm watching in amazement as Gary runs the cop
over. Amazingly Gary wasn't sent off to the clink for that. We all did
however receive hefty fines that night.
Chris "Searching for a book or movie deal about my mod memories" C.
PS. This did really happen, it's all 100% true.