In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> you wrote:

>    I seem to be getting a strange error, and only during SSL connects.
> This seems to only happen when using frames, but when not using frames
> sometimes a picture or two won't load.

> The browser error when using Netscape 4.06 . . .

> "A network error occurred while Netscape was receiving data"
>      (Network Error: Connection Refused)
>              Try connecting again

> What could be the cause?  I see no error in any of my defined logs at
> the time this is generated (sorry)
>[...]

Sorry for the delay, I've now came back to this problem.  Hmmmm... is it still
occuring? If yes and you really don't see any error messages, would you try
mod_ssl 2.1b5 with "SSLLogLevel debug"? Here you really should see any error
messages. OTOH, Netscape's connection refused usually means the socket
establishment already failed. When it's Apache/mod_ssl's fault then perhaps
you got a core dump? Because when a child process dumps core somewhere inside
the socket establishment stage I get this same message, too. Are you sure
there are no error messages in Apache's error log?