Concerning my Linux/Slackware system having the segfault troubles, I'm
unable to get a core file so far.  reasons...

1.) I've recompiled per the faq.  that went fine.
2.) I've added the directive, and it still won't give me a core when I
get sig 11's.  When run with just -X, I get no response from the
server.  I've yet to try to run this as just another user, but to my
knowledge, linux will let root dump cores.

Hmm, thinking about this, would I be wiser to download and install an
RPM installer and get the RPM's?  Someone mentioned a fix, by the
following:

> We recompiled mod_ssl and forced it to use the builtin SDBM (by renaming libdbm)
> and the seg faults have disappeared.  We're happy with this solution, but
> thought this info might help you identify the problem.

Any verbatim instructions on this in the FAQ?  ;-)

--
Taylor Blackwell - Network Engineer - Aidan Internet Solutions
http://www.aidan.net - The BEST in Commercial Internet Consulting