On Thu, Mar 11, 1999, Gilles L. Chong Hok Yuen wrote:

> https is working!!! Actually both http n https are working. Now im
> passing to the stage of creating a server certificate with the mod-ssl
> module.
> >From the README.GlobalID file, there are 5 steps.
> The 1st step being:  1. You have to create a standard CA certificate
> Suppose to use the shell script gid-mkcert.sh in the
> /mod_ssl-2.2.3-1.3.4/pkg.contrib directory. However, running it yields
>     gid-mkcert.sh: /sw/pkg/ssleay/bin/ssleay: not found
>     mkgid.sh:Error: Failed to generate RSA private key
>
> Now, i dont even have a sw directory on my server! Running a find /
> -name ssleay -print yields
>     /usr/local/ssl/bin/ssleay
>     /opt/apache/SSLeay-0.9.0b/apps/ssleay
>
> In the gid-mkcert.sh file, i can see
>     ssleay="/sw/pkg/ssleay/bin/ssleay" - i guess can be replaced by
> /opt/apache/SSLeay-0.9.0b/apps/ssleay
>     cafix="/sw/pkg/ssleay/bin/ca-fix"
>     pkcs12="/sw/pkg/ssleay/bin/pkcs12"
> Running a find / -name ca-fix (and pkcs12) -print yields nothing. I.e
> those 2 files cannot be found on my server!!! And i have a feeling tt
> those 2 files are quite important! :0

Sorry, but it's really nasty when people don't want to _READ_!
The gid-mkcert.sh script looks like:

|      :
| ##  ssleay ... get it from ftp://ftp.psy.uq.oz.au/pub/Crypto/SSL/
| ##  ca-fix ... get it from http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/ca-fix.html
| ##  pkcs12 ... get it from http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/pkcs12faq.html
| ##
|
| #   parameters
| ssleay="/sw/pkg/ssleay/bin/ssleay"
| cafix="/sw/pkg/ssleay/bin/ca-fix"
| pkcs12="/sw/pkg/ssleay/bin/pkcs12"
| sslcrtdir="."
| sslcsrdir="."
| sslkeydir="."
|      :

In other words: FRIENDS, THE URLS ARE GIVEN JUST FOUR LINES AWAY FROM THE LINE
YOU'RE EDITING! Hmmm... I'm really wondering why I always write down such a
lot of details when people don't read it...

So, please walk to the given URLs, fetch the tools, install it somewhere and
edit the variables to reflect the used installation paths.