"Ralf S. Engelschall" wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 18, 1999, Anton Voronin wrote:
>
> > the line in the subject appears in my apache-modssl logs after almost every
> > access to the server. Have anyone experienced the same problem?
>
> Sorry, but you've to at least give us the Apache, mod_ssl and SSLeay/OpenSSL
> version number. Because older versions are known to segfault under certain
> conditions, of course. But with the latest it shouldn't.  When it's the
> latest, then please try to create a stackframe backtrace after the segfault
> with a debugger (look inside the mod_ssl FAQ for details about this). Without
> this we cannot locate the segfault.

Apache-1.3.4+mod_ssl-2.2.5+openssl-0.9.1c (but the same happened with 2.2.4)
compiled and installed from FreeBSD port
FreeBSD-3.1-STABLE

Unfortunately I wasn't able to make apache to create core image. Your FAQ
mentions the following:

Most "current" kernels do not allow a process to dump core

after it has done a setuid() (unless it does an exec()) for

security reasons...

Probably this is the case, so I've recompiled apache with

-DBIG_SECURITY_HOLE and run it as root, but it doesn't

produce a core anyway. If I kill -SEGV it's parent process then it does,

but if any of child processes produce Segmentation Fault or even if I run

httpd -DSSL -X (to make it not to fork), core is not dumped. Strange...

Maybe it does setuid() to itself anyway?

Anton

--
Anton Voronin                | Ural Regional Center of FREEnet,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]              | Southern Ural University, Chelyabinsk, Russia