Hi,

I am running Server: Red Hat Secure/2.0 (Unix) PHP/3.0.3 mod_ssl/2.0.7
SSLeay/0.9.0b and cannot get basic authentication to work.

>From my httpd.conf in my non-SSL Apache 1.3.4, I cut and paste the
following section into my SSL httpd.conf (I'm running two apache
daemons)

  <Directory /usr/www/truepath/cgi-bin/pass>
    AuthName            "Truepath Protected Area"
    AuthType             Basic
    AuthDBMUserFile      /members/truepathdb
    require              valid-user
  </Directory>

My non-SSL Apache works perfectly with dbm authentication, but the
mod-ssl version never authenticates a user. The error log says:

[Wed Mar 24 10:05:13 1999] [error] (2)No such file or directory: could not open dbm
auth file: /members/truepathdb
[Wed Mar 24 10:05:13 1999] [error] DBM user tester not found:
/usr/www/truepath/cgi-bin/pass/janitor.cgi
[Wed Mar 24 10:33:56 1999] [error] Invalid URI in request /HTTP 1.0 /
[Wed Mar 24 11:03:31 1999] [error] Invalid method in request ~@O^A^C

If my mod_ssl version 2.0.7 is too hold. How do I go about updating it.
The original install came off the Red Hat CD, so I'm unsure as to which
steps to take. If I follow, Engelschall's instructions in the
documentation for re-installing, won't I loose the RSA key that I
purchased for $120 with the Red Hat software? I'm lost.

Any help on this would be really appreciated.

in His grip,
Gil
http://www.truepath.com
your Christ-centered web host