On Thu, Mar 25, 1999, Udo Schweigert wrote:

> my setup contains FreeBSD 3.1-STABLE with Apache 1.3.6, mod_ssl 2.2.6, and
> openssl 0.9.1c.
>
> I noticed that my Netscape-4.08 export version got the "bad data" error;
>[...]
> But when i change to a fortified Netscape-4.08 everything works:

That's interesting. When I connect with my non-fortified NS 4.08 (under
FreeBSD/X11) to https://en4.engelschall.com/ and test all three CGIs all works
fine. So it has something to do with OpenSSL 0.9.1c, because anything else is
the same for you (even the platform).  Try to upgrade to exactly my versions
(Apache/1.3.6+mod_ssl/2.2.6+OpenSSL/0.9.2b) and try again. It has to work,
because it works in en4.engelschall.com which is also FreeBSD 3.1.