On Mon, Mar 29, 1999, Rauznitz Balazs wrote:

>[...]
> Ok; I tried to recompile with debugging symbols and I see "-g -ggdb3"
> while compiling but I still see "no debugging symbols found" while using
> gdb.

Make sure you debug with the non-installed unstripped
httpd binary and not the installed and stripped binary.

>[...]
> #0  0x400b36b8 in ?? () from /lib/libc.so.6
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x400b36b8 in ?? () from /lib/libc.so.6
> #1  0x400b3661 in ?? () from /lib/libc.so.6
> #2  0x8107dc4 in BIO_free ()
> #3  0x8072d85 in ssl_pphrase_Handle ()
> #4  0x806e98c in ssl_init_Module ()
> #5  0x80c54f9 in ap_init_modules ()
> #6  0x80cf235 in main ()
>
> I have Linux 2.0.34

Are you sure your libc isn't broken?  Don't laugh, but a lot of Linux boxes
showed core dumps in the past after libc upgrades and similar things and
worked fine again after a correct re-installation.  At least the core dumps
occurs not inside mod_ssl. It occurs after OpenSSL's BIO_free() inside your
libc...