On Mon, Oct 26, 1998, Tom Vaughan wrote:

> I've just downloaded the mod_ssl cvs repository as outlined on:
>
>   http://www.engelschall.com/sw/mod_ssl/distrib/repos.html
>
> It may be worthwhile to add to this that if you would like to simply "add"
> mod_ssl to an existing cvs repository (instead of creating a whole other
> cvs repository), you could do a:
>
>   rsync -rztpv --delete sw.engelschall.com::mod_ssl-cvs/mod_ssl \
>       $CVSROOT/apache
>
> This would then create $CVSROOT/apache/mod_ssl. To check it out, you'd do a:
>
>   cvs co apache/mod_ssl
>
> Of course this means you only get the development source tree. But that's
> probably preferred in this case.

Yeah, a good suggestion. I'll add this to the repos.html document.
Thanks for the hint, Tom.

> Also, why are no log messages for any of these files?

<grin> That's because in the past the CVS tree was only used to sync the code
(with the Apache vendor branch) and not to sync a development team.  So, I
still commit via scripts which use -m '' and only maintain a detailed CHANGES
file (which is enough for me). But know that the CVS repository is available
for others it is worthwhile to use commit log messages, too. I'll change my
scripts. Thanks for the reminder.