On Fri, Oct 30, 1998, Dave Paris wrote:

> Email over the exe and I'll create a self-extracting exe for you.  Just let
> me know where it should default (expand) to.

Oh, I was not precise enough. What I actually want is not only a
self-extracting program. My favorite would be that when I run patch.exe it
extracts itself (in memory on in current working dir) and immediately runs
itself. So I can use the packed patch.exe similar to the unpacked patch.exe.
At least under my C64 times the years ago this was common practice.  Exists
such stuff for Windows NT? Or did I misunderstand you and you mean exactly
this? Then it should unpack into the current working directory because this is
maximum portable, IMHO.