On Sun, Nov 29, 1998, Anthony Rumble wrote:

> Who is writing the EAPI code for apache?

That's me.

>[...]
> When will EAPI have writev support..

Yes, writev() is a problem. It's usually very implementation dependent
_internally_, so it's not easy to write a SSL_writev() (which missing in
SSLeay). When someone contributes a SSL_writev() function we can provide this
support. I would be happy about this.  SSL_writev() has to use the interface
semantics of writev() but work with a SSL* instead of a filedescriptor and it
has to use SSL_write() in the background.

> Im wondering how badly mod_perl will fragment up writes without writev
> support..

Don't know, I've never did any performance tests.

> Maby Ill have to run two servers for now.. one with ssl and no writev, and
> one without ssl with writev... as most of the work is done without SSL..

Hmmmm.... I would first check whether the not used writev() is really a
network performance problem. Usually Apache's performance penalties exists at
other corners, AFAIK.