> a good sysadmin, you have the private key file unreadable for
> "normal users", and again if you are a good sysadmin, you configure
> and build programs being logged as "normal user".  I think that

Of course.

> ./configure should allow to specify the key file name and if the
> file is not accessible assume that it is OK and proceed.

BTW: Why does ./configure need the name of the keyfile? To produce the
default config? I upgraded as "user" (su -c 'make install' finally ;) ),
but I didn't specified any key or so?

2nd: I don't like "assume that it is ok" - in such a case a I
prefer a warning like "couldn't check file contents"...

oki,

Steffen