Mark Foster wrote:

> I need an DSO installation of Apache + mod_ssl + mod_perl + eperl
> I want to do this using RPMs if at all possible...here is what I have:
>
> apache-1.3.6-4.i386.rpm
> apache-devel-1.3.6-4.i386.rpm
> apache-mod_ssl-1.3.6-2.2.8-0.i386.rpm
> openssl-0.9.2b-1.i386.rpm
> mod_perl-1.18-5.i386.rpm
> mod_jserv-1.0b1-6.i386.rpm
> eperl-2.2.12-1.i386.rpm
>
> Now if I install the apache-mod_ssl...
> # rpm -ivh apache-mod_ssl-1.3.6-2.2.8-0.i386.rpm
> ok, then try to install mod_perl...
> # rpm -ivh mod_perl-1.18-5.i386.rpm
> ok, then try eperl...
> # rpm -ivh eperl-2.2.12-1.i386.rpm
> failed dependencies:
>         apache >= 1.2.4 is needed by eperl-2.2.12-1
>
> Should I just use --force, or what should I do? Is it because I don't have
> the latest and greatest ePerl (eperl-2.2.14) if if so, is there an RPM out
> there for that version?

I do not know what eperl exactly contains and requires.
But, a requirement of 'apache >= 1.2.4' would normally
be satisfied by the contents of apache-mod_ssl-1.3.6.
It's just a name mismatch. So, for installing eperl try
the option --nodeps. Or, rebuild the source package for
it after removing or renaming the explicit 'requires: apache ..'
rule in the eperl.spec file.

> Other questions I have are:
> Would it be possible to use the apache-1.3.6-4.i386.rpm,
> apache-devel-1.3.6-4.i386.rpm files and just install a
> mod_ssl-2.2.8-x.i386.rpm? (Does such a thing exist?) I tried installing them
> and building a DSO of mod_ssl, but the Apache installation from the RPM
> files listed above was not EAPI, so it didn't work.

This will not work exactly for this reason. It sure would be
a nice thing when this EAPI thing got incorporated into the
stock apache sources.

--
Niels Poppe - org.net bv <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>