I'm running Apache 1.3.6 on Solaris 2.6 with the latest mod_ssl and OpenSSL.
When I run Apache with the "apachectl startssl" command, the default page
becomes visible over my intranet at http://hercules:443, where "hercules" is
the name of the localhost webserver box.

However, I get a "cannot find server" error message from my browser if I try
to connect with https://hercules:443. Additionally, the "httpd -S" command
does not show any virtual hosts configured.

If anyone has any experience with this  kind of problem, your help would be
highly appreciated.

Robert Barr
Eikon Software South Africa