Sorry to ask that here. Does someone know of a general apache mailing list?
(I couldn't find anything useful on the apache site, neither on mailing
lists nor on the subject). I already tried news groups without much
success.

AuthType Digest doesn't seem to work for IE 4 / NetScape 4. Or do I have a
configuration problem and they do? (Apache 1.3.4,mod-sll 2.2.5).

While I'm at it asking questions not belonging here: I found an apache log
entry I am concerned about, the entry is
"GET http://www.somehost.com HTTP/1.1" 200 5647
(changed hostname). It looks like as if a request for a foreign host url
succeeds?!?

Any information is very much appreciated

Juergen