Sorry for the slightly off-topic question, but...

I'm running Apache 1.3.6 (on both WIN32 and RedHat 5.2) with mod_ssl
2.2.8. What I want to do is make a client HTTP request to another
server (for OCSP). I've currently written my own socket I/O routines
and part of a response parser, but it seems like I'm reinventing the
wheel.

Can anyone give me some pointers on ways (if possible) to use the
Apache server API to create a new HTTP request, send it off and
parse the result. I was looking at proxy_handler in mod_proxy.c and
ap_proxy_connect_handler in proxy_connect.c to see if I could
leverage the work there. It appears that the main issue is creating
a reasonable request_rec struct.

I want to make these calls from inside mod_ssl, so I don't want to
involve LWP or any other packages if I can avoid it.

Thanks for any pointers.
-John

John Rousseau                                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CertCo                                           +1 617 492 4472
100 Cambridge Park Drive
Cambridge, MA 02140 USA                    http://www.certco.com