> > Is it
> > possible to tag the Global Server ID field of the CA
> > certificate BEFORE
> > the certificate is imported into a particular browser's certificate
> > database?  This would make life so much simpler.

> Sure, but then the whole efforts Netscape and Versign made
> would be useless,
> of course. So, no, I don't think there will be a trick to tag
> the stuff
> before importing it...
>                                        Ralf S. Engelschall

So, is the tag a Netscape specific thing? (i.e. something Netscape adds to
the certificate once it has imported it). If the tag is actually part of the
CA certificate itself, why can't it be tagged before it is imported into the
browser?  After all, I created the CA certificate with your gid-mkcert.sh
script on my own computer, so surely the thing can be tagged at some point
during the creation process?

Thanks for the response.

Travers Waker