Hi,

I'm building mod_ssl with the most recent versions of apache and openSSL.

When I try to start the newly created httpd, I get this error:

[root@reliant apache_1.3.6.ssl]# bin/apachectl start
Syntax error on line 33 of /usr/src/apache_1.3.6.ssl/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/src/apache_1.3.6.ssl/modules/mod_env.so into server:
/usr/src/apache_1.3.6.ssl/modules/mod_env.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory
bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

There are no ".so" modules, I only see ".o" modules. Did I make a
mistake in building mod_ssl or are the dynamic modules called ".o"
instead of ".so".

I'm using an older httpd.conf that was built with mod_ssl v2.0.x....

in His grip,
Gil
http://www.truepath.com
your Christ-centered web host