I'm trying to compile mod_ssl 2.3.5 for Apache 1.3.6 on AIX 4.3 but get
stuck at the following:
flex -Pssl_expr_yy -s -B ssl_expr_scan.l
make: flex: Command not found
make: *** [ssl_expr_scan.c] Error 127

I didn't notice flex being a prerequisite in the INSTALL doc
(http://www.modssl.org/source/exp/mod_ssl/pkg.mod_ssl/INSTALL).

Looking in the src/modules/ssl/Makefile for the offending target:
ssl_expr_scan.c: ssl_expr_scan.l ssl_expr_parse.h
        flex -Pssl_expr_yy -s -B ssl_expr_scan.l
        sed -e '/$$Header:/d' <lex.ssl_expr_yy.c >ssl_expr_scan.c && rm
-f lex.ssl_expr_yy.c
I noticed it was under the following header:
##  DEVELOPER AREA
##  We really don't expect end users to use these targets!

What's the scoop?  Do I need flex, are the dependencies screwed up, or
what?

--
Brandon