Wilt, Paul wrote:
> David:
>
> Is it possible for you to create an in-memory file on your OS?  Seems like
> that would allow you to use all the FILE * type methods without leaving a
> snoopable file on the disk!  Some Unix derivatives have some sort of
> RAM-disk-like device drivers for doing just what you are looking for.
>
> Paul E Wilt
> Principle Software Engineer

The file I create on the disk is not really snoopable because it is unlinked
after creation. Therefore, it has no attachment to the directory system and
can't referenced with a filename. I like the idea of creating an in memory file
and I've heard of that before, but it's not really needed. I'd be surprised if
any of my temporary is actually written out to disk - it should all be in the
buffer cache.

 - David Harris
   Principal Engineer, DRH Internet Services