[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Mario:
>
> Please get the updated mod_php3 RPMs from ftp.redhat.com/updates/6.0/i386.
>
> ---
>   Preston Brown                                    Systems Engineer
>   [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                Red Hat, Inc.

Fantastic, it works!

I had to do some tricks, anyway.
I downloaded and compiled the source RPM (mod_php3-3.0.9-1.src.rpm)
putting as configure options the same parameters found in the old spec
file.
I did't remove the old package mod-php3-3.0.7-3 and renamed libphp3.so
into mod_php3.so. In fact apache-mod_ssl looks for
/usr/lib/apache/add-php and /usr/lib/apache/del-php, and wants to find
/usr/lib/apache/mod_php3.so and not /usr/lib/apache/libphp3.so (putting
something else into apache-mod_ssl configuration file does not help).

I hope that someone will build the new rpms.

Bye
--
                                                Mario

Contrary to popular belief, Unix is user friendly,