On Wed, Sep 01, 1999, Jan Kriesten wrote:

> I've a small problem with modssl (Server: Apache/1.3.9 Linux, Interface:
> mod_ssl/2.4.1, Library: OpenSSL/0.9.4):
>
> After startup, all works fine. Any SSL connection can established. But after
> sending a SIGHUP to the Apache (e.g. to reopen the log files) https-connections
> result in a segmentation fault of the child to which the request was directed.
> http-connections aren't effected, they work as usual.

Seems to be a local problem, because before releasing 2.4.1 I've stress-tested
Apache/1.3.9+mod_ssl/2.4.1+OpenSSL/0.9.4 many times on my development box
(FreeBSD 3.1) with both traffic, susequent restarts and gaceful restarts, etc.
The server survived all these without segfaults or other child exists and I
was at any time able to connect to it with Netscape.

At least you should say which Linux/glibc platform you're using and whether
you use a session cache and if yes, of which type, etc.