On 12-Oct-99 Magnus Stenman wrote:
> Maybe your modem wasn't very successful
> compressing SSL data? (it should not be able to...)
>
> Compare your rates on a jpeg file with maximum compression,
> and you can rule out the compression issues.
>
> (or turn it of both in the modem and in ppp)

Thanks for your answer !

But I think the problem is elsewhere : the speed of 3kb/s is a speed reachable
without compression, so I should have reached it with the https server...
But I will make some more tests : the only speed estimation I had was a ping
compared to the speed of transfer of a big html page... Not very precise.
I will put a big jpeg in the https part and in the http part and compare...

Thanks anyway !