I don't know if the following reason is also the reason for the
problems in your case, but such a problem happens usually because of
a non-writable log directory or a log location which was mis-
configured. Sometimes the normal HTTP server can write to its logs
while the SSL stuff has problems (it sounds funny, I know!  It must
be an idiotic thing, but I never had the time to examine it...).
Look at your log files (both access_log and error_log); You'll
probably find a warning about this problem.

I can witness that I had the same problem (although there was no PHP
or Perl or FP in that installation), and after fixing the permission
problem, everything worked perfectly.

BTW: You mentioned PHP; Does anybody know when PHP4-beta3 will be
released?  There were already 3 deadlines, but no sign for a final
date...

--
Eli Marmor
[EMAIL PROTECTED]