On Mon, Nov 08, 1999, andrew wrote:

> O.K. three weeks of my times been wasted so far in discovering that the
> apache wasn't hanging or unable to find a valid cert file. BUT mod_ssl had it
> waiting at the command prompt expecting me to enter the certificate pass-
> phase.

"Waiting at the command prompt" without your notice?
Are you under Win32 with an older mod_ssl version?

>  HOW is a person suppose to remotly start such a server ??

By first reading the FAQ, of course. There is an entry answering this
question. In short: Remove the pass phrase from your RSA private key and the
pass phrase dialog will not occur. Read the FAQ for details and resulting
implications of this approach.