[My appologize if this appears twice.]

I searched the archives (ran through the debugger, just called netscape
support, ...) and came up empty, so...

When our server is setup to require client certs, we've found that netscape
on Windows 9x and NT (not IE and not netscape on GNU/Linux) will "hang" on
the first connection to the server for an indefinite amount of time. After
hitting stop or ESC, and then re-requesting the URL, everything works
fine. This has something to do with the pass phrase used to protect the
client's private key. When the private key is NOT pass phrase protected,
everything works fine. And the reason this works after hitting stop or ESC
is because netscape already knows the pass phrase. Any one have similar
problems?

I've been having problems getting to https://sectest.microsoft.com/ or
https://secure.openca.org/. Are these up? Does anyone know of any other
good sites to goto for client cert testing?

Much Thanks,
Tom

BTW - This is a very old version of mod_ssl, 2.1.3. But I've also verified
that this occurs with 2.4.2 (the latest Debian package) as well.