Dear Sirs,

I am now facing two issues (non technical) and I would greatly appreciate
to hear an opinion from you.

1) Verisign's buying process is completely web based. In order to buy a
Global Server ID one need to fill several web based forms. One of the first
things that need to be specified is the web platform. Since Apache/ModSSL
is not officially supported by Verisign, it is not listed in the web form.
Do you know which platform should be specified in order to receive a Global
Server ID that will work with Apache/ModSSL?

2) At present I set up a platform based on the following products:

     apache rel. 1.3.9
     mod_ssl rel. 2.4.6-1.3.9
     openssl rel. 0.9.4

This platform is working just fine with 40 bit certs. A couple of days ago
I tried to verify a Global Server ID issued for a Micrsoft IIS platform (I
used the "openssl verify" command) and I got the following error message:

     [EMAIL PROTECTED]:: ->openssl verify /tmp/global.txt
     /tmp/global.txt: unable to load certificate file
     22434:error:0D0A2007:asn1 encoding routines:d2i_X509_CINF:expecting an
     asn1 sequence:x_cinf.c:106:address=1107018 offset=0
     22434:error:0D09F004:asn1 encoding routines:d2i_X509:nested asn1
     error:x_x509.c:99:address=1107016 offset=2
     22434:error:0906700D:PEM routines:PEM_ASN1_read_bio:ASN1
lib:pem_lib.c:239:

This looks particularly bad to me because it has to do with the ASN syntax
of the certificate. I believe there are only two possible explanations:

     1) Global Server IDs issued for Microsoft IIS platform ARE NOT
standard
     2) OpenSSL rel. 0.9.4 does not support Global Server IDs (if this is
true, then my  apache based platform will not support them either....)

What do you think?

I would greatly appreciate an answr from you. If you can't answer to my
questions, could you please at least address me to somebody else?
Unfortunatly Verisign is not going to give me any help about unsupported
platforms and my expertise is not enough to cope with such issues.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Costantino Imbrauglio

Costantino Imbrauglio
Information Technology  -
Banca IMI - Milan

"
This message is confidential and solely for the intended addressee(s). If
you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the
sender immediately and delete it from your system. Unauthorised
reproduction, disclosure, modification and/or distribution of this e-mail
is strictly prohibited. The contents of this e-mail do not constitute a
commitment by Banca d'Intermediazione Mobiliare IMI S.p.A. (Banca IMI),
except where expressly provided for in a written agreement between you and
Banca IMI.

Banca d’Intermediazione Mobiliare IMI S.p.A. is an authorised Bank in
Italy.
Banca d’Intermediazione Mobiliare IMI S.p.A., London Branch, a member of
the London Stock Exchange, is regulated by the Securities and Futures
Authority for the conduct of investment business in the UK.