On Thu, Dec 16, 1999, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have the SSL working fine.  Perhaps I missed it in the
> instructions, but I would like to change the details on my self-
> signed certificate.  How do I do that without risk of squirrling-up my
> SSL installation ?   Any tips would be appreciated.

You cannot _change_ the defailts of a certificate. What you have to do is to
create a completely new certificate.  And this doesn't change your
installation. It is just a matter of replacing the server.crt and server.key
files with new ones. How you can create the new files is another topic. Either
re-use "make certificate" in the Apache source tree (if you have it still
staying around) or follow the mod_ssl FAQ for hints.