"Ralf S. Engelschall" wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 17, 1999, GOMEZ Henri wrote:
>
> > Did there is a way to get some of mod_ssl env vars (like SSL_PROTOCOL)
> > from a servlet running on tomcat and using jserv compiled with -DEAPI ?
>
> I don't know tomcat or jserv, but if your servlet operates not too early in
> the Apache request processing, you should be able to find the variable in the
> standard SSI/CGI environment Apache provides. If your servlet operates
> earlier, the only way is to add an EAPI call to tomcat/jserv which resolves
> the variable through mod_ssl's EAPI hooks.

Hi,

It depends on the protocol used between mod_jserv & (JServ/Tomcat).
It it's ajpv11 you've got ALL the environment values passed to the
servlet engine.
If you're using ajpv12, you will see SSL_CLIENT_DN and SSL_CLIENT_IDN
accessible from the servlet engine.

demo here (JServ) :
- with user certificate required
ajpv11: https://jnix.penguinpowered.com/x509authservletajpv11/SuperSnoop
ajpv12: https://jnix.penguinpowered.com/x509authservletajpv12/SuperSnoop

-without user certificate :
ajpv12: https://jnix.penguinpowered.com/ajpv12/SuperSnoop
ajpv11: https://jnix.penguinpowered.com/ajpv11/SuperSnoop

Ralf, I didn't get the point to add EAPI in JServ or Tomcat. (These are
100% pure java program, and running on a distant (TCP) process). Can you
elaborate please ?

Jean-Luc Rochat
http://jnix.penguinpowered.com