From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: ANNOUNCE: mod_ssl 2.5.0-1.3.11
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 21:49:03 +0100

And here it is: mod_ssl 2.5.0 for Apache 1.3.11. Additionally to the
upgrade step for 1.3.11, the old experimental "POST support for HTTPS"
is now a standard feature and enables per default. More new features
will occur in this 2.5.x series in the next weeks.

Yours,

   Changes with mod_ssl 2.5.0 (08-Jan-2000 to 22-Jan-2000)

    *) Switched the old "POST for HTTPS" support code from
       defined(SSL_EXPERIMENTAL) to !defined(SSL_CONSERVATIVE), because this
       code is both already stable (even it's not a conservative approach)
and
       important. This way POST support is now available per default, but
still
       can be disabled/removed by very conservative people with an easy
       --enable-rule=SSL_CONSERVATIVE.

    *) Added SSL_CONSERVATIVE rule to src/Configuration.tmpl which
       complements SSL_EXPERIMENTAL. Both rules are per default set
       to "no", i.e. disabled. But while SSL_EXPERIMENTAL still enables
       experimental code, enables SSL_CONSERVATIVE conservative code.  That
is,
       actually per default some non-conservative things might be enabled
which
       can be _disabled_ by forcing mod_ssl to use only conservative
       approaches.

    *) Added entry about "no shared ciphers" to FAQ.

    *) Upgraded to the new Apache version: 1.3.11 (BTW, Apache 1.3.10
       was never released). This moves the mod_ssl community to the
       latest Apache state and this way implicitly provides them over 70
       bugfixes and cleanups which 1.3.11 provides over 1.3.9.