On Thu, Feb 03, 2000, Matt Livingstone wrote:

> I am running a Shopping Cart package on my Cobalt RaQ2 Server (RedHat
> 5.1 with some 5.2 optimizations) and have SSL installed.
>
> I am trying to get the Secure Web Server (RedHat SWS 3) to use the paths
> that the shopping cart needs after the user moves from the Non-SSL area
> to the httpsd.
>
> The shopping cart people told me that I was to modify the srm.conf files
> with a ScriptAlias for there packages paths. Which I did and still the
> Secure Web Server doesn't find the required files.
>
> Than they told me to add the same ScriptAlias to my httpsd.conf file...
> which I did... I restart httpsd and rebooted then restarted httpsd and
> still the Secure Web Server doesn't see the proper paths and will not
> let the user finish their orders.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Although this is not a mod_ssl issue (and even if it is, you should ask
RedHat, because RedHat SWS is a commercial product we don't support
here), it seems to me that you added the ScriptAlias to the wrong
<VirtualHost>. Usually one uses a <VirtualHost ...:443> for HTTPS, so
you have to place your ScriptAlias directive into this section. Or
add it to a place _outside_ of all <VirtualHost> sections.