On Fri, Feb 25, 2000, Jan Meijer wrote:

> Thanks again for your replies on the FakeBasicAuth subject, it made me
> realize I needed to search for another solution to my problem and do it the
> right way :).
>
> Another question.  Last night I was experimenting with the SSLRequire
> directive and wanted to only permit clients with a certain DN.  I looked at
> the reference manual of SSLRequire, and saw all SSL-related variables in
> table3.  I noticed something I don't completely understand and have up until
> now been unable to find more info about.  There are two semi-identical (to
> me ;) variables:
>
> SSL_CLIENT_S_DN
> SSL_CLIENT_I_DN
>
> Can anyone point me to the corect place where these variables are
> explained?  Thanks :)

Explained? In table4 there it is described:

SSL_CLIENT_S_DN
    The DN of the Subject in the Client Certificate, or
    what you see if you would run
    $ openssl x509 -noout -text -in client.crt | grep Subject:

SSL_CLIENT_I_DN
    The DN of the Issuer in the Client Certificate
    what you see if you would run
    $ openssl x509 -noout -text -in client.crt | grep Issuer: