On Mon, Feb 28, 2000, Eli Marmor wrote:

> > > I've compiled mod_sxnet for a long time. But beside the openssl header
> > > file transition to a subdirectory (I've updated sxnet.h for this
> > > now), it compiled fine. The above error actually means that EAPI is
> > > not correctly installed in your Apache. You seem to have messed up
> > > something.
> >
> > I'm wondering why the Apache Group didn't apply the EAPI-patches to Apache ?
> > Don't they agree or are they building something slightly different ? Or is
> > it against export-laws ?
>
> Which reminds me: One of my patches attacks this issue. It doesn't solve
> the problem of using an Apache which was not compiled with -DEAPI, but it
> solves the problem of 3rd party modules and modules which were not
> compiled with -DEAPI; It is probably the most annoying problem of mod_ssl
> users.
>
> Ralf, what is going with my patches?  I remember that you apologized for
> delaying them to 2.5.0  ;-)  I'm afraid that I must re-write them,
> because the base code was modified (my patches were against 2.4.0/1.3.9).
> If you want, I can collect all of them into one message (as I did in the
> previous two times that you asked me to do it...).

Yeah, sorry again, Eli. I know that your patches are still pending and
are still not comitted. It was certainly my fault in giving other stuff
more priority in the past (mainly because anything non-Unix related is
always low-priority for me ;). So, please excuse that you have to remind
me the third time. Would you please so kind and post to modssl-users
again (as a single all-in-one patch) your suggested patches?