Well I believe I have found something with the latest apache 1.3.12.

Recap: Could not get ssl pages to work

Finally I tried a precompiled binary, Apache 1.3.6 and it worked jeeest
peachy. I noticed I didn't get a warning with the cold fusion module. The
1.3.12 version complains cold fusion wasn't compiled with the -DEAPI option.

I wonder.... could there be something in the -DEAPI option that could cause
SSL to "break"?

After a few hours of some shuteye I plan on trying earlier versions, say
1.3.9 and see if I get the same results. I am thinking the openssl code
works just fine with either nasm or just the straight ms compilation. It
generates test certs and ca's no problem. The older version of apache can
see these certs without complications.

-Rob