Good morning,

I ran into this when I did not have SSLEngine specified to "on". If you use
http://my.host.org:443 and get what you would expect with
https://my.host.org then I would say check for this option.

Here's a sample of a running conf file. The server is apache 1.3.12 with
SSL for win32. The only thing different I suspect is the SSLMutex and the
serverroot....

Oddly enough name based virtual host *seems* to be working for SSL. Did
that get changed? I need to test it with more than one domain per host.
Haven't done that yet. So many things to do so little time... =)

Later,
-Rob

In the main httpd.conf file
Port 80

Listen 80
Listen 443

##  SSL Global Context
AddType application/x-x509-ca-cert .crt
AddType application/x-pkcs7-crl    .crl
SSLPassPhraseDialog  builtin
SSLSessionCache        none
SSLMutex  sem
SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
SSLRandomSeed connect builtin
SSLLog      logs/ssl_engine_log
SSLLogLevel warn
SSLCACertificatePath D:/AppSSL/conf/SSL
SSLCACertificateFile D:/AppSSL/conf/SSL/ca-bundle.crt

<...snip...>

# This conf works in a live test box
# Apache win32 mod ssl running a verisign test cert

NameVirtualHost 10.2.6.13
<VirtualHost itocert.state.il.us:80>
        DocumentRoot d:\AppSSL
        ServerName itocert.state.il.us
        ErrorLog logs/itocert-error.log
       CustomLog logs/itocert-access.log common
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost itocert.state.il.us:443>
        DocumentRoot d:\AppSSL
        ServerName itocert.state.il.us
        ErrorLog logs/itocert-error.log
       CustomLog logs/itocert-access.log \
                "%t %h %(SSL_PROTOCOL) %(SSL_CIPHER)x \"%r\" %b"
        SSLEngine On
#
#      For problematic Microsoft
#
        SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown
#
#       Set encryption to high or medium only
#
        SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM
        SSLCertificateFile D:/AppSSL/conf/SSL/itocertver.crt
        SSLCertificateKeyFile D:/AppSSL/conf/SSL/itocert.key
#
#       Use these if you want the remote clients to have certificates
#       issued to them. Might be useful for high security needs
#
        #SSLVerifyClient require
        #SSLVerifyDepth 10
</VirtualHost>