Norm, thanks for answering. I am still struggling to get this thing working. I had
read an reread the FAQs and tried the manual generation of certificate but I always
get the same type of errors. I redid all with openSSL 0.9.4 with the same results. One
question I need to ask is

the FQDN that I used in the Common-name for the server key

should it be the same as the Certificate Authority field during the generation of the
ca.crt. When I make them the same it generates an error. If I try to use the resulting
keys the engine_log show the folowing entries.

SEEDING PRNG with 0 bytes of entropy

if I use the demo snake oil I get

SEEDING PRNG with 0 bytes of entropy

Altought it may sound starnge is it possible to generate a key on a platform A and use
it on platform B. If so can someone generate a self-signed key (non-des3) for testing
purposes for

1. Country Name             (2 letter code) [XY]:ca
2. State or Province Name   (full name)     [Snake Desert]:quebec
3. Locality Name            (eg, city)      [Snake Town]:montreal
4. Organization Name        (eg, company)   [Snake Oil, Ltd]:ETS
5. Organizational Unit Name (eg, section)   [Certificate Authority]:ELE
6. Common Name              (eg, CA name)   [Snake Oil CA]:intra.ele.etsmtl.ca
7. Email Address            (eg, name@FQDN) [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
8. Certificate Validity     (days)          [365]:

Thanks a lot.

Stéphane