Hi all,

I've been through an installation before using Apache 1.3.6
and Modssl, so I thought 1.3.12 should go relatively smoothly.
Hah!

I installed the Win32 build of Apache 1.3.12 (from the Apache
site), and grabbed the modssl/openssl materials from the modssl
site.  The particular file was:

  Apache_1.3.12-mod_ssl_2.6.1-openssl_0.9.5-WIN32-i386.zip

Apache worked before installing modssl.  It works after installing
modssl, until I try to load the module.  I did the obvious thing:

  LoadModule ssl_module modules/ApacheModuleSSL.dll

but when I try to start Apache from the Services control panel
I just get:

   Could not start the Apache service on \\SERVER
   Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.

Commenting out the LoadModule directive makes the problem go away,
but then of course I don't have any SSL support.  No logs were written.
I went hunting around, and found that this WIN32 distribution doesn't
actually have a file named ApacheModuleSSL.dll; it has something named
Apachemo.dll.  I tried using that name, but no joy.

Am I missing something here?

= Reid M. Pinchback                                =
= I/T Delivery, MIT                                =
= Email:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]                          =