On Wed, Apr 19, 2000 at 10:24:48AM +0200, Vagel Argyrakis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the ideas. I tried both using the ip address instead of localhost and i
>commented out the setting : SSLVerifyClient require, but it still doesn't work.
>
> Anything else that i could do?

I'm sure that you have to do it without SSLVerifyClient - other things
that could be wrong is a bit harder to guess ;-)
There is one thing you could try - checking to see wether the server is
listening on the SSL port at all, because the error you get from s_client
looks exactly like what I get when my server isn't started yet. So my
guess is that you don't get any connect because there is no server to
answer s_client. You could try some of the steps that I've mentioned in
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modssl&m=95631272704634&w=2.
You could also set SSLLogLevel to debug to get extra info.

vh

Mads Toftum