Addressed to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
              alles kapot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

** Reply to note from alles kapot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Fri, 28 Apr 2000 21:22:59 -0700
(PDT)

> I did several compiling testing to see which php3 module caused the
> Segmentation fault.
>
> first I compiled whithout any module .. and apacectl startssl worked
> well ...
>
> second I compiled --with-imap ... and again worked well
>
> third I compiled --with-imap --with-mysql ... nah! I found the problem
>
> my apache ssl seems did not work well with php --with-mysql ...
>
> anyone experience with this? problem php-mysql and mod_ssl? is this
> because I used RPM for mysql?

You are compiling DSO, right?

I think I may have recently seen some messages on the php3 or php4beta
mailing list with a cure to this problem.  You might want to try
searching the list for mod_ssl.  I'm not sure though, the way I fixed
it was to compile static following the instructions near the bottom of
the mod_ssl INSTALL file.

In general on the php mailing lists any time there is a problem that
involves RPM the standard answer is to get the source tarballs and
compile from scratch.  RPM's, especially from RedHat are notorious for
putting things in wierd places.

Rick Widmer
www.developersdesk.com