Luke Chiam wrote:

> Can I use a self signed Certificate? Is it as secured?
>
> Thanks.
> Luke

Don't know your application, but I sure wouldn't volunteer
my credit card number to an e-merchant that both MSIE and
Netscape threw up warning dialogs about.

There's also a man-in-the-middle-attack on PK/SSL systems I
seem to remember reading about if there isn't a trusted third
party for a client to validate a server certificate -- a
particular problem for ssh as I remember.

Those are just my recollections -- I could be wrong.